Is there parking at the DTS Fitness Education Centre?
There is limited parking in this area. Please review your parking options below. Always observe parking signs to avoid getting a parking ticket and/or getting towed.
We do not recommend you park on King Street as there is a 3-hour maximum and you will get ticketed and/or towed if you exceed this time limit.
- Best option. If you want guaranteed parking, there is a paid parking lot underground at the George Brown Residence building at the corner of Cooperage and Palace Street at 80 Cooperage Street. This lot is approximately a 6-7 minute walk to our Education Centre. The garage is not marked publicly on the outside. The garage entrance is the very far right (north) entrance that is closest to the All City Storage building. It has a small sign on the right-hand side of the garage door that says “20 Palace Street” (even though the actual address is 80 Cooperage Street). The rate to park here is $2.00 per hour for a daily maximum of $15.00. I have included a link showing you walking directions from the lot. The underground parking is not advertised on the outside of the building.
- Palace Street garage walking directions map.
- Palace Street garage verbal directions:
- Option 1: Head east on Palace Street Toward Rolling Mills Road, Turn Left on Rolling Mills Road, Turn Right onto Eastern Ave Diversion, Turn left onto St. Lawrence Street, Turn left down the alleyway “right before” you get to King Street. You will see our sign above the door on the right-hand side.
- Option 2: Walk south on Cooperage Street, turn right on Front Street, walk north on Cherry Street (which turns into Sumach), Turn Right (east) on King Street and we are located at the back of 573 King Street
- There is paid
parkingon St. Lawrence Street for a maximum of 4 hours at a time but please be aware that spots are limited. The rate is $1.50 and you are permitted to be in these spots from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. You can not park on this street until 8:00 AM! If you leave your car prior to 8:00 AM you will get a parking ticket!
- There is also paid parking on Eastern Avenue Diversion which is just a few blocks south (see map) but once again these spots are extremely limited.
- There is a secondary paid parking lot on 55 Mill Street at Parliament Street at a rate of $2.00 /hour or $13.00 from 7 AM - 6 PM. This will be approximately a 10-12 minute walk to the facility. This is a Green P Parking lot and it is just behind (south) of the Staples and is above ground. There is another Green P under the Distillery Building as well.
- 55 Mill Street Above Ground Parking walking directions map.